Fuel Up to Play 60 is a program created through a partnership of the National Dairy Council and the National Football League. The goal of Fuel Up to Play 60 is to get students, teachers, and administrators organized and involved in creating a plan to help their school to become a healthier place. FUTP 60 includes healthy eating and physical activity components—the program offers you a chance to get interactive, commit to healthier eating and 60 minutes of physical activity every day, and to make an impact on your life and your school!
So, how do you get started with the Fuel Up to Play 60 program? Just visit the Fuel Up to Play 60 website to register, and follow the step-by-step signup and get started process!
- Get Registered and Take the FUTP 60 Pledge
- Build Teams & Draft Key Players: Draft your fellow students, teachers, parents—everyone!—and get them excited about making healthier changes in their lives.
- Kickoff! Get your school involved, and team up with Program Advisors, teachers, and classmates. Encourage others to get involved—it’s up to you to get the word out!
- 4. Survey the Field: Track your progress and plan your Challenges using the online FUTP 60 dashboard and Tracker tools.
- 5. Game Time! Create playbooks to plan fun activities to keep you and your teammates on track. New challenges will be posted every few weeks; participating in challenges will help you earn prizes, and maybe even get featured on the Fuel Up to Play 60 website!
- 6. Light Up the Scoreboard! Share your stories and ideas, and read about other schools participating in FUTP 60 to get new ideas for you and your school. You can post stories, videos and pictures to illustrate the new, healthier habits you and your classmates are learning and living!
And don’t forget, there is still time to apply for the National Dairy Council’s Fuel Up Breakfast Grant Program—you have until July 31, 2011!