Is your school a Fuel Up to Play 60 school? Do you have a great story to share about your school’s participation in the Fuel Up to Play 60 program? If you are a school foodservice staff member, a teacher, or an administrator whose school is working to improve the lives of students through healthier eating habits and increased physical activity, Beyond Breakfast wants to tell your story right here on our blog!
One of the best ways to spread the word about healthier food and lifestyle choices, like those that the Fuel Up to Play 60 program encourages, is through social media. When you tell your story with us at Beyond Breakfast we will help you promote the blog on our Facebook page and on Twitter; if your school is on Facebook and Twitter, we want to connect with you there! It’s through building these networks and sharing our stories that we win healthier kids, one student at a time!
If you are interested in sharing your story with us you can contact us in the following ways:
- Email our blogger Christina at firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Like” the School Nutrition Foundation Facebook page and send us a message
- Tweet us at @beyondbreakfast
- Leave us a comment right here on the blog with your contact information
If your students and staff are working hard to make the program a success, we want to share your story with our readers. Here are some of the topics you can think about when submitting your story:
- Meal Patterns: How are you using Fuel Up to Play 60 to get kids excited about new menu items that meet the new meal pattern regulations?
- Nutrition + Physical Activity: How are you making the connection between physical fitness and healthier food choices with your students?
- Fuel Up to Play 60 Challenges: Does your student body love to participate in the Fuel Up to Play 60 Challenges?
- Breakfast: Are you incorporating Fuel Up to Play 60 in your school breakfast program—either through activities like this breakfast poster contest, or using FUTP60 recipes?
- Taste testing or student recipes: Are you getting the kids involved in menuing, either through taste testing and assessment or student recipe contests?
No matter how you are participating, we want to tell your Fuel Up to Play 60 story—contact us at Beyond Breakfast today!