Our friends at the Food Research & Action Center (FRAC)—in partnership with the Arkansas Hunger Relief Alliance—will be hosting the Arkansas Afterschool Meals Summit on Thursday, November 29, 2012 in Little Rock, AR. The Arkansas Out of School Network and Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families are also co-hosting the summit; register online today!
The summit will provide afterschool program providers, anti-hunger advocates, and administrators of child nutrition programs with the knowledge and tools to effectively implement the Afterschool Meal Program in communities across the state. Special guests will include:
- Audrey Rowe, Administrator of USDA Food & Nutrition Service
- Bill Ludwig, Regional Administrator, USDA Food & Nutrition Service, Southwest Regional Office
- Harriett Phillips of Governor Beebe’s office.
- When: Thursday, November 29, 2012, 8 a.m.-3:15 p.m.
- Where: Bishop Leodies & Goldie Warren Family Life Center, 1200 Bishop Warren Drive (Formerly Lewis St.), Little Rock, AR 72204
- Summit Agenda: Available in PDF
Don’t forget to sign up for the School Nutrition Foundation webinar on Wednesday, November 28, 2012, “Successful Accountability Practices for Breakfast-in-the-Classroom”!