The School Nutrition Foundation invites you to join us on Wednesday, November 13, 2013 for our upcoming webinar, “Menuing Mushrooms: Strategies to Extend Meat Entrees, Add Veggies, and Gain Student Approval.” This webinar is free and will be held from 2:00 p.m. through 3:15 p.m. EST. We are excited to bring you strategies for extending portion size and adding extra veggies while maintaining calorie, fat, and sodium maximums in your school meals. Our panel of school nutrition professionals will deliver creative ways you can use mushrooms to enhance your existing recipes, help you manage food costs, and take advantage of procurement through the USDA Foods Program.
Panelists will cover the nutrition benefits and flexibility that mushrooms offer in terms of menuing, as well as innovative, cost-saving (and kid-friendly!) ways to incorporate them into the school food menu. We will also discuss how to effectively market the menu to students and parents. Please join us, and earn one (1) SNA CEU credit!
- Learn how to include mushrooms in commodity purchases next year;
- Gain a better understanding of the nutritional benefits and versatility of mushrooms;
- Learn how to best incorporate mushrooms into menus, develop recipes students like, and how to market mushroom-based menu items for increased participation.
- Participation will be worth one (1) SNA CEU
- Date: Wednesday, November 13, 2013
- Time: 2 p.m.-3:15 p.m. EST (includes time for Q&A)
- Duration: 75 minutes (approximately)
- Register online now