March is all about school breakfast! Up first is National School Breakfast Week (March 1-6) celebrations in cafeterias around the country, so make sure you check in with us for great photos, stories, and scratch recipes from some of our favorite breakfast-in-the-classroom programs. March is also home to some excellent new school breakfast webinars from School Nutrition Association, FRAC, and Partners for Breakfast in the Classroom. Mark your calendar, and register now for the following:
March 23: Community Eligibility Adoption in the 2016-2017 School Year—FRAC
This one hour webinar coincides with FRAC’s releasing of new data on schools and districts participating in CEP. CEP allows high-poverty schools to offer breakfast and lunch free to all students, and reduces administrative paperwork. Register now for this webinar to learn how your state compares with others taking up CEP, and new trends emerging as the program enters it third year of nationwide availability. This webinar will also contain tips for using FRAC’s interactive database of eligible and participating schools.
- Thursday, March 23, 2017
- 3-4 p.m. ET
- Topics: Community Eligibility, school lunch, school breakfast
March 28: Breakfast in the Classroom Funding Available!—Partners for Breakfast in the Classroom
If bringing breakfast to the classroom has been on your wish list, and you live in one of our ten target states—Ohio, Oklahoma, Missouri, Utah, Texas, Idaho, Mississippi, Louisiana, North Carolina, Nebraska—please register now for our Tuesday, March 28 webinar to learn how you can apply for grant funding for your school or district. You’ll hear from the School Nutrition Foundation, the NEA Foundation, and FRAC, about funding available through Partners for Breakfast in the Classroom (PBIC).
- Tuesday, March 28, 2017
- 2-3 p.m. ET
- Topics: School Breakfast, breakfast-in-the-classroom, Breakfast After the Bell, Grab-n-Go breakfast, universal school breakfast
Additional Webinars from SNA
SNA has a host of new Webinar Wednesday topics on the spring schedule. We have our eyes on the following:
- Best of #SNIC17: Kellogg’s Innovative Solution (March 8, 2 p.m. ET) explores the meaning of ‘processed’ foods.
- Food Allergy: Discussing the Science Behind the Facts (March 15, 2 p.m. ET) will be presented by Dr. Shahzad Mustafa, a board-certified pediatric allergist and Chair of the Medical Advisory Board for Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Team (FAACT).
- Schools as Nutrition Hubs (March 22, 2 p.m. ET) will explore strategies to help you operate a financially sustainable, year-round foodservice program.
Pingback: March is National Nutrition Month | beyondbreakfast.org