Now that the school year has started we are inviting stakeholders from our ten target states to join the Partners for Breakfast in the Classroom for an informational webinar on Tuesday, October 10, 2017. Our fourth funding cycle has begun, and we are accepting applications for breakfast-in-the-classroom grants from school districts in our ten target states: Ohio, Oklahoma, Missouri, Utah, Texas, Idaho, Mississippi, Louisiana, North Carolina, and Nebraska. You will hear from stakeholders from previously funded districts about how they used a Partners for BIC grant to help them transition breakfast from the cafeteria to the classroom.
About the Webinar
Our 75 minute webinar will begin at 2 p.m. EST. We will walk you through the benefits of breakfast-in-the-classroom, as well as the resources available to you throughout the application and implementation process. We will hear from stakeholders from other districts to learn about the challenges and solutions they experienced, and what their BIC programs look like today. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions during the 15 minute Q-and-A at the end of the webinar.
- When: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 from 2 p.m.-3:15 p.m. ET
- RSVP: Register online now
- Who: School nutrition professionals, school administrators, teachers, and any stakeholder in one of our ten target states interested in bringing breakfast-in-the-classroom to their school or district
About the Partners for Breakfast in the Classroom Grant
Our grant covers the up-front costs associated with startup and implementation of breakfast-in-the-classroom programs, such as equipment, outreach/marketing, and other related expenses. In order to be eligible for the grant, schools/districts must meet the following criteria:
- Either 70 percent or more students qualify for Free or Reduced Price meals OR the school operates Community Eligibility or Provision 2;
- Average daily participation is 50 percent or less;
- Ability to serve breakfast in the classroom at no charge to students after the morning bell;
- Strong stakeholder support;
- Three-year commitment to making reasonable efforts to continue the BIC program;
- Willingness to promote the program.
About the Partners for Breakfast in the Classroom
The Partners for BIC is a consortium of four organizations—the Food Research & Action Center (FRAC), the School Nutrition Foundation, The NEA Foundation, and the National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP) Foundation. Find and follow Partners for Breakfast in the Classroom on Facebook and Twitter.