For over 20 years the School Nutrition Foundation has been dedicated to the financial aid, education, professional development, and research in school food service. These resources equip School Nutrition Association Members to efficiently serve nutritious meals to millions of school children each year. Through fundraising efforts, SNF provides SNA members the opportunity to pursue higher education goals through a wide variety of scholarships—to date, SNF has awarded over $1 million in scholarships to SNA members across the United States.
We are pleased to announce that School Nutrition Foundation Scholarships are now available! If you are currently taking classes, or if you have been considering going back to school, SNF is accepting scholarship applications for the 4-in-1 Scholarship Program. The four scholarships are the SNF Professional Growth(funded by Kraft Foods), Schwan’s Food Service, Winston/SNF ‘Build Your Future’, and the Nancy Curry Scholarship; awards are up to $2,500. When you apply using the 4-in-1 Scholarship application you will be automatically considered for all four scholarships. Carefully review the application for eligibility details; the application deadline is April 9, 2012:
- Up to $2,500 will be awarded to each recipient for each of the following: SNF Professional Growth, Schwan’s Food Service, and Winston Industries ‘Build Your Future’ Scholarships
- One scholarship of $500 is awarded for the Nancy Curry Scholarship
- Applicant must be an active member for a minimum of one year from February 1, 2011, with the School Nutrition Association (SNA) and have a history of employment in school foodservice. To confirm membership call (800)877-8822. Children of SNA members are no longer eligible to apply for scholarships.
- Scholarships are for SNA members who will be enrolled or will be enrolled in a degree program at a vocational/technical, undergraduate, graduate, or post-graduate level in the United States. The program of study should fall into one or more of the SNA Keys to Excellence subject areas.
About The Scholarships
- The SNF Professional Growth Scholarship is funded by the School Nutrition Association members through a designated fundraising event, as well as through support from Kraft Foodservice.
- The Schwan’s Food Service Scholarship is funded through an annual donation of $50,000 from Schwan’s Food Service, Inc.; funds are provided to the SNF scholarship program to “foster good nutrition in school lunch programs and to improve school foodservice management.”
- The Winston Industries ‘Build Your Future’ Scholarship is awarded with funds contributed by Winston Industries to the School Nutrition Foundation to provide scholarships for school nutrition professionals nationwide.
- The Nancy Curry Scholarship is funded by Handgards, Inc., and friends of Nancy. This scholarship is for SNA members employed in school foodservice; one scholarship of $500 is awarded.
Links You’ll Need
- 4-in-1 Scholarship Application
- SNA Keys to Excellence Subject Areas
- Scholarship Tips from SNF: How to apply for a SNF scholarship, including links to additional resources to help you write essays, and more tips & pointers!
Questions About the Application Process?
- Contact by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact by phone at (800)877-8822