It’s February, and that means application periods for many School Nutrition Foundation scholarships are opening—it’s time to submit your application! Our 2012-2013 Scholarships and Awards that are currently open to applicants are:
- SNF “4-in-1” Scholarship (SNF Professional Growth, Schwan’s Food Service, Winston/SNF Build Your Future, and Nancy Curry Scholarship)
- GED Jump Start Scholarship (no deadline)
- ANC First-Timer Scholarship (opening mid-February 2013)
- Winston Equipment Award Grant (opening mid-February 2013)
For over 20 years, the School Nutrition Foundation has been raising funds to provide SNA members the opportunity to achieve their higher education goals through a wide variety of scholarships. Did you know that, to date, SNF has awarded over $1.6 million in scholarships to members? Read below to learn more about our current and upcoming scholarship schedule.
“4-in-1” Scholarship (Now Open! Deadline: April 9, 2013)
Our 4-in-1 scholarship application enables you to apply to four scholarships at once: SNF Professional Growth, Schwan’s Food Service, Winston/SNF ‘Build Your Future’, and Nancy Curry scholarships. Some of the application and eligibility requirements have changed, so review details closely before applying:
- Up to $2500 will be awarded to each recipient for each of the four scholarships listed above
- One scholarship of $500 is awarded for the Nancy Curry Scholarship
- Applicants must be active members for a minimum of one year from February 1, 2012 with the School Nutrition Assocation (SNA) and have a history of employment in school foodservice. If you need to confirm membership, please call 1-800-877-8822. Children of SNA members are no longer eligible to apply for scholarships.
- Scholarships are for SNA members who are enrolled or will be enrolled in a degree program at a vocational/technical, undergraduate, graduate, or post-graduate level in the United States. The program of study should fall into one or more of the SNA Keys to Excellence subject areas. Click here to learn more.
Click to access the 4-in-1 Scholarship application online.
GED Jump Start Scholarship (No deadline to apply!)
Individuals eligible for the GED Jump Start Scholarship can apply to receive funds to help pay for GED classes, study materials, and the GED test fee. To qualify, the applicant must be a School Nutrition Association member, and not currently have a high school or GED diploma; applicants must plan on earning a GED within one year of receiving the scholarship.
Download an application in Word or PDF format.
ANC First-Timer Scholarship (Opening mid-February 2013; application deadline May 10, 2013)
Since 2003, SNF has awarded over $170,000 in scholarships to assist SNA members attending ANC for the first time. ANC attendance allows members to take advantage of the valuable educational and professional development opportunities to advance their careers and grow the school nutrition profession. The multiple $500 scholarships may be used to cover registration and travel expenses associated with attending ANC. Only SNA members from the employee or manager category are eligible for this scholarship and they must be nominated by their district director; the district director must be attending ANC as well.
Funding for the ANC First Timer Scholarship is made possible by Winston Industries. Awards made on first come, first serve basis. Before completing the application, have the following information available:
- Director’s contact information
- Director’s ANC registration and proof of payment
- Address information where scholarship check should be sent
Winston Equipment Award Grant (Opening mid-February 2013)
The Winston Equipment Award Grant program has awarded equipment to one school district needing improvement of its school meal kitchen facilities since 2007.