It’s that time of year! Are you back-to-school yet? If not, it’s just around the corner. The beginning of the school year is an incredibly busy time for everyone—teachers, students, administrators, support staff, and of course, school foodservice staffers. We know you have a lot on your plate (pun intended!) but we don’t want you to miss out on an incredible opportunity to receive additional funds through Fuel Up to Play 60.
At this year’s ANC in Denver, the School Nutrition Foundation held listening sessions sponsored by the National Dairy Council. In these sessions—and in many other conversations we had throughout the week—we asked school foodservice professionals what resources they could use to help improve their school breakfast and school lunch programs. The most common answer: more funding.
With that in mind, we do not want you to miss out on the opportunity to secure up to $4000 in funding through the Fuel Up to Play 60 program.
These funds can be used to expand and extend existing initiatives in your school, or to roll out a new program. You must be enrolled in Fuel Up to Play 60 to apply—enroll online.
In order to apply for funds you must be enrolled in the Fuel Up to Play 60 program; if you are not, you can enroll online. In addition to being enrolled, you must:
- Have a Program Advisor signed up at your school. You can start the application before a Program Advisor is designated, but a PA must be signed up before the application is submitted.
- Participate in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Complete & submit an online Funds for Fuel Up to Play 60 application form (PDF)
- Complete the School Wellness Investigation (this must be complete before the application is submitted, but you can work on the application prior to the investigation)
- Secure the support and involvement of the school principal, school nutrition professional, lead physical education teacher, and the school’s FUTP60 Program Advisor
Help & FAQs
To improve your chances of being awarded Funds for Fuel Up to Play 60, review this resource page to help you plan and apply for the grant. Assess the current situation and identify your students’ needs; ask yourself where the funds can help fill gaps and maximize impact.
Learn more about the purpose of the funds, application guidelines and tips, the judging process, and more by reviewing the FAQ-style “What Do We Need to Know about Funds for Fuel Up to Play 60” resource page.