If you are on the hunt for funding opportunities to bring Fuel Up to Play 60 to your school, the time is now! Fuel Up to Play 60 Funds give schools the opportunity to apply for up to $4000 per year to help kick-start healthy changes in the school environment. To apply for funds, qualifying schools will choose one Healthy Eating Play and one Physical Activity Play from the new 2015-2016 FUTP60 Playbook to implement.
Eligibility and Guidelines
You’ll find a comprehensive list of eligibility guidelines at the Fuel Up to Play 60 website, but here are the highlights:
- Your school must be enrolled in Fuel Up to Play 60 for the 2015-2016 school year, and participate in the National School Lunch Program;
- You must have a Program Advisor signed up at your school, and if your school has received FUTP60 funds in the past, all required reporting must be received in order to receive additional funding;
- There are two application deadlines: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 and Wednesday, November 4, 2015;
- Schools may submit an application during more than one funding cycle per school year; total amount awarded may not exceed $4000.
Prior to Applying for Funds
Make sure you have completed the following steps before submitting your application for Fuel Up to Play 60 Funds:
- Enroll in Fuel Up to Play 60—Enrollment is simple, and can be completed online!
- Have a registered FUTP60 Program Advisor—Program advisors provide crucial support and guidance for students as they work to make healthy changes in their schools.
- Participate in the National School Lunch Program—Check with your school’s nutrition manager or director to see if your school is enrolled in the NSLP.
Application: Two-Steps to FUTP60 Success!
You just need to complete two more steps to qualify for 2015-2016 Fuel Up to Play 60 Funds!
- Step One: Review the Plays—Decide which Healthy Eating Play and which Physical Activity Play you will implement in your school using awarded funding; peruse the 2015-2016 Playbook here!
- Step Two: Complete and submit your application to win up to $4000 in Fuel Up to Play 60 Funds!
There are five plays in both the Healthy Eating and the Physical Activity Play categories; you must choose one from each category for your application. We especially love the Breakfast—Anytime, Anywhere Healthy Eating Play that guides students to work with the school’s dietitian to adopt an alternative breakfast model like breakfast-in-the-classroom, Breakfast After First Period, or Grab n’ Go Breakfast.
Check out all of the Healthy Eating and Physical Activity plays in the 2015-2016 Playbook to see which one is right for you!