We’re just two months away from the biggest school nutrition conference of the year—the School Nutrition Association’s Annual National Conference in Atlanta, Georgia. We look forward to seeing new faces and meeting old friends at the Atlanta Convention Center, July 9-12, 2017.
Don’t forget that early bird registration ends on Friday, May 12, 2017, after which regular registration rates apply through Monday, June 12, 2017
Visit the SNF Booth
Learn more about the Foundation when you stop by the SNF booth, located in the SNA Marketplace. Meet our staff, as well as fellow SNA members who have volunteered to help us throughout the conference. Learn more about SNF programs and initiatives, such as:
- The annual Celebration of School Nutrition Heroes
- The Annual Fund and SNF’s State Ambassadors Program
- SNF Scholarships
- Partners for Breakfast in the Classroom
- Schools as Nutrition Hubs
- School Cafeteria Discards Assessment Project (SCrAP) with the Environmental Research & Education Foundation (EREF)
We also encourage you to visit the Partners Pavilion on the Exhibit Hall floor, where both EREF/SCrAP and the Partners for Breakfast in the Classroom will have representatives to answer your questions about their respective programs.
Download the ANC App
Once available, don’t forget to download the ANC app to help you customize and organize your conference experience. The ANC app allows you to create daily schedules, interact with your fellow conference attendees, and make a direct donation to SNF! You can also use the “Pledge a Donation” option, and we’ll send you an email reminder to make a donation at a later time.
Partners for Breakfast in the Classroom
You can stop by the SNF booth to learn more about the Partners for Breakfast in the Classroom, and you can meet members of the Partners for BIC team on the Exhibit Hall floor in the Partners Pavilion. SNF—along with our friends at FRAC, the NEA Foundation, and the NAESP Foundation—work in concert as the Partners for BIC to help high-need schools implement breakfast-in-the-classroom programs.
Thanks to a generous $7.5m grant from the Walmart Foundation, the Partners for Breakfast in the Classroom are currently writing grants to schools and districts in ten states: Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Nebraska, Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas, and Utah.
Recipients of the Partners for Breakfast in the Classroom grant will also be presenting an education session during #ANC17. Join us on Monday, July 10, from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. for “Breakfast in the Classroom: It’s All About the Kids” to learn more about engaging students in your nutrition programs.
School Nutrition Research & Best Practices Showcase
We’re looking forward to sitting down to talk with the winner of the 2017 Kathleen Stitt Award David Holban from Mississippi. You can meet David and learn more about his award-winning project at the SN Research & Best Practices Showcase on Monday, July 10, at 11 a.m. [See your program or the SNA app for a sitemap.]
Take a look at the current list of #ANC17 education sessions, which you can filter by date, key area, member type, and/or topic. We’ve curated a list of sessions on waste reduction, professional development, and schools as nutrition bubs for you, below.
We hope to see you at our Tuesday, July 11 education session: The 12 “Xs” of Success for Today’s Leader. Part of SNF’s annual Richard B. Russell Leadership Series session, special guest Dave Weber will take us through the 12 “Xs” of success while we explore the idea of leadership. The Richard B. Russell series honors three SNA past presidents from the state of Georgia: Dr. Josephine Martin, Mary Nix, and Nancy Rice.
If you’re interested in … schools as nutrition hubs:
- School Nutrition Hubs: The Business Savvy Strategy to Reduce Childhood Hunger on Monday, July 10 at 2:15 p.m.
- ABC’s of CACFP @Risk & NSLP Afterschool on Sunday, July 9 at 8 a.m.
- Creating Healthy School Environments Through Partnerships on Sunday, July 9 at 9:15 a.m.
- Starting Non-Traditional Feeding Programs on Monday, July 10 at 8:30 a.m.
- Expanding Summer Programs through Community Partners on Monday, July 10 at 3:30 p.m.
If you’re interested in … professional development:
- Login & Learn: Taking Advantage of Online Professional Development Tools on Sunday, July 9 at 9:15 a.m.
- Make Staff Training “Stick” on Sunday, July 9 at 2:15 p.m.
- Innovative Training Efforts in Professional Standards on Tuesday, July 11 at 8:45 a.m.
- Leadership Skills for School Nutrition Professionals on Monday, July 10 at 3:30 p.m.
- Becoming a Successful School Nutrition Leader on Monday, July 10 at 8:30 a.m.
If you’re interested in … waste reduction:
- Food Waste Reduction Strategies & Methods on Sunday, July 9 at 1 p.m.
- Reducing Food Waste on Sunday, July 9 at 2:15 p.m.
- Reducing Waste with Food Recovery and Donation Approaches on Monday, July 10 at 2:15 p.m.
- Food Waste: The Latest Movement (with SNA past president Jean Ronnei!) on Monday, July 10 at 3:30 p.m.