This weekend SNA members will gather in Washington, D.C., for the 45th Legislative Action Conference (LAC). With a new administration and a new Congress, engaging in discussions with our elected representatives about school nutrition policies is more important than ever. LAC is an opportunity for school nutrition professionals to speak up, and to help shape and define national school nutrition policies that affect us, and our students.
Schedule: Hot Topics At-a-Glance
Peruse the online LAC schedule to organize your time.
- General sessions include the back-by-popular-demand “Kids Say the Darndest Things!” for a candid discussion with some of the toughest critics from Prince George’s and Montgomery County School Districts in Maryland, as well as a USDA update and a “Fireside Chat” with Washington, D.C. insiders.
- Breakout Sessions: There’s one for first timers, another for state lobbying strategy, and another focused on hot topics in school nutrition.
- Keynote Speaker: Jon Meacham is a Pulitzer Prize and New York Times bestselling author, and is sure to be a conference highlight.
Celebration of School Nutrition Heroes
Join us at 6 p.m. on Monday, April 3 for the fourth annual Celebration of School Nutrition Heroes. Each year we honor a selection of extraordinary men and women working in school nutrition, nominated by you, their peers. These heroes make a difference in their professional lives, but are nominated for the ways in which they go above and beyond to serve their communities. It’s an uplifting, emotional evening that always leaves everyone inspired.
At Your Fingertips
Connect with SNA and SNF online during the conference by following us on social media:
A few other handy links to have at your fingertips:
- LAC 2017 Resources: Position paper, talking points, and more
- LAC 2017 Travel Information