With just a few weeks left before the winter break, we know it’s probably hard to squeeze in anything new on your ‘to-do’ list at the moment—but we have to try! You don’t want to miss out on the upcoming Breakfast Matters webinar “Starting Breakfast in the Classroom Mid-Year” with our friends at the Food Research and Action Center.
Register now for the Thursday, December 10, 2015 webinar that begins at 3 p.m. ET. If you’re ready to get started NOW on breakfast-in-the-classroom, you’ll want to sit in on this webinar. You don’t have to wait for the fall semester to implement BIC. During the webinar you’ll hear from school nutrition directors who took the plunge and rolled out alternative breakfast models during the school year. We will talk about what it takes to transition to a new delivery model mid-year, and we’ll also share best practices for earning stakeholder support, communications, and staff training.
And since the holidays may find you with a little extra time on your hands, allow us to recommend a few additional archived school breakfast webinars you may have missed recently.
- Principal Champions for Breakfast After the Bell in Secondary Schools – FRAC
- Improving Nutrition Quality and Increasing Participation in Your Breakfast Program – FRAC
- Successfully Framing Your Breakfast Work for Media – FRAC
School Nutrition Association members who missed out on some of our Webinar Wednesday presentations this year might also be interested in the following webinars, all of which can be accessed the SNA Webinar Wednesday archive page. You must have a valid SNA member login to access the archives:
- Breakfast in the Classroom Stakeholder Engagement: How to Win Friends and Influence People
- Operating a Breakfast in the Classroom Program: Everything You Want to Know about Implementation
- The Dollars and “Sense” of Breakfast in the Classroom
- Social Media: Start Creating a Strategy – We know this isn’t a BIC/school breakfast topic, but social media and marketing are just so crucial these days—and good press is GREAT for a new BIC program—and Dayle Hayes of School Meals That Rock is an absolute pro. Don’t miss it!
Additionally, SNA members who are interested in honing their media game won’t want to miss the last Webinar Wednesday on our 2015 calendar: Media 101—Best Ways to Work with the Media. In this webinar you’ll hear from Diane Pratt-Heavner, Director of Media Relations for SNA, and Elizabeth Cowles Johnston, President of CJ Public Relations, discussing strategies for managing media requests to positively promote your program. This webinar will take place on Wednesday, December 9, 2010, at 2 p.m. ET—register now! SNA members earn one CEU.