School Nutrition Foundation invites you to join us as we kick off our 2013-14 ‘Webinar Wednesday’ series on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 when we will present “Connecting Schools and Communities through the Afterschool Meal Program” in partnership with the Food Research and Action Center (FRAC) and the Afterschool Alliance. This webinar is free and will be held from 2:00 p.m. through 3:15 p.m. EST.
Students who participate in afterschool programs enjoy physical and educational benefits, but hunger is an issue. Schools that serve afterschool meals give kids an opportunity to refuel and reengage, and this webinar will help you learn how your child nutrition program can do just that. We will talk about what it takes to transition into serving afterschool meals, as well as how to capitalize on partnership opportunities with local community groups to overcome barriers when it comes time to implement your program. We will also be covering the steps you can take to determine financial viability of the program, as well as resources to help you simplify implementation.
- Gain a better understanding of the CACFP Afterschool Meals Program, and how to become involved
- Learn who the main players are, and what their role is, in building afterschool meals into afterschool programming: School Nutrition Directors, Anti-hunger Advocates, Community-based Afterschool Meal Sites, and State Agency
- Get information on available resources that will help you start an Afterschool Meal Program
- Participation will be worth one (1) SNA CEU
- Date: Wednesday, September 11, 2013
- Time: 2 p.m.-3:15 p.m. EST (includes time for Q&A)
- Duration: 75 minutes (approximately)
- Register online now