Are you looking for effective strategies to increase the reach of your school breakfast, lunch, and/or afterschool meals programs? Register now for our Wednesday, May 25 webinar, “Looking Ahead: Kick off the School Year Right by Maximizing the Reach of your School Meals Program”; the 75-minute presentation starts at 2 p.m. ET, and features the following speakers:
- Kevin Maskornick, Program Analyst, child Nutrition Programs, Food & Nutrition Services, USDA
- Marla Caplon, School Nutrition Director, Montgomery County Public Schools, Maryland
- Peggy Bodnar, Food & Nutrition Supervisor, Boise School District, Idaho
Join us as we discuss the USDA’s revised Prototype Application for Free and Reduced Price School Meals, which was redesigned to support access to the programs by making it easier for families to provide accurate information. Then we will turn to Community Eligibility Provision, which provides universal school breakfast and school lunch for all students in high-poverty schools. We’ll hear tips for how to effectively implement the program from our panelists, and highlights from the program in action. Finally, we’ll address how to round out your strategy through implementing our tips and tricks to launching a successful afterschool meals program. With all of that in mind, here are our three learning objectives for this webinar:
- Identify best practices when designing applications for free and reduced price school meals ,and know how/where to access related USDA guidance and resources;
- Describe best practices for how to assess the feasibility of implementing community eligibility in schools that qualify for the provision on the lower end of the identified student percentage range;
- Explain how to best leverage outreach tactics and manage community partnerships to build a successful, sustainable Afterschool Meals program.
If you’re interested in learning more about some of our webinar topics, please check out the following additional resources either before or after the webinar:
- Visit the USDA website to learn more about Community Eligibility Provision and the Afterschool Meals program;
- Check out BeyondBreakfast.org and Partners for Breakfast in the Classroom for more information on school breakfast;
- Spend some time reviewing FRAC’s school breakfast information, and definitely don’t miss SNA’s terrific online resource for School Meal Trends and Statistics.
This webinar is worth one (1) CEU for SNA members; click here to register.