If your school is participating in the National Dairy Council/National Football League Fuel Up to Play 60 program you are eligible to apply for funds to help you build your program. Whether you are brand-new to FUTP 60, or you want to expand an established program, Funds for Fuel Up to Play 60 can help.
Up to $4000 per year is available to any qualifying K-12 school that is currently enrolled in Fuel Up to Play 60 through the Funds for Fuel Up to Play 60 grant. This competitive, nationwide funding program can help you jumpstart your school, and sustain healthy nutrition and physical activity improvements.
Application Deadlines & Information
There are four application deadlines throughout the 2011-12 school year, and the first is on October 1, 2011. The remaining deadlines are: December 1, 2011; February 1, 2012; June 1, 2012 (if approved this funding will be distributed after June 30, 2012 and will count toward funding for the 2012-13 school year).
Schools may submit an application during more than one funding cycle per school year. The total amount of money awarded for the 2011-12 school year (October & December 2011, and February 2012) can be up to $4000. The request for funds in the June 1, 2012, application deadline can be up to $4000 and will count toward the school’s funding for the 2012-13 school year.
Schools applying for Funds for Fuel Up to Play 60 must:
- Already be enrolled in Fuel Up to Play 60 for the 2011-12 school year. (If you are not enrolled you can do so online.)
- Participate in the National School Lunch Program
- Complete and submit an online Funds for Fuel Up to Play 60 application form. You will find the PDF form online.
- Complete the School Wellness Investigation. Schools may work on the funding application before completing the SWI, but before the funding application may be submitted, the SWI must be completed and submitted online.
- Have support and involvement from the school principal, school nutrition professional, lead physical education teacher and the school’s Fuel Up to Play 60 Program Advisor.
Your school must be enrolled in Fuel Up to Play 60 for the 2011-12 school year in order to be eligible to apply for these funds! Enroll online today.
For more information please use the following resources to help you in your Funds to Fuel Up to Play 60 application process:
- What Do We Need to Know about the Funds? Find details about Funds for Fuel Up to Play 60, from the purpose of the Funds and eligibility rules to judging criteria and examples from other schools on how they have used Funds.
- How Do We Apply for the Funds? Find step-by-step guidance that will help you think about and prepare your application for Funds.