The newest Fuel Up to Play 60 Challenge is here, and your students can be a part of it! Here at Beyond Breakfast we are extra excited about this latest challenge because first, it involves breakfast and second, it involves one of our favorite breakfast foods—oatmeal! We encourage you to share this with your students and get them involved in this terrific breakfast challenge from the National Dairy Council and the National Football League.
One of the most exciting parts of the Fuel Up to Play 60 program is the Challenges. By setting up challenges for schools to tackle together, Fuel Up to Play 60:
- Gives kids the opportunity to work together toward a common goal;
- Motivation to get moving and get involved;
- The chance to win really awesome prizes, like an NFL player visit or tickets to the Super Bowl!
When Fuel Up to Play 60 schools eat smart and get active, they win—big!
Visit the Fuel Up to Play 60 Challenges page to view videos from the Challenge Gallery, and to view the latest challenge!
The “Super Bowl” Breakfast Challenge has begun, and will run through 12/3/12. You can watch the challenge promo video to learn more.
You can review all of the contest guidelines online, but here are some of the highlights:
- Students share ideas for a delicious oatmeal breakfast—one that they want to see served at school, or a favorite recipe they are already enjoying. Two winners will be selected, and the grand prize is a free trip (for each winner) to Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans. The winning school receives a $1000 grant to help implement their oatmeal breakfast!
- Share the idea and be creative! Kids can earn bonus points for “NFL flair” are on the table!
- Request an Oatmeal Starter Kit so students can get excited, and get started! You can view videos already submitted for this challenge here.
If you share this challenge with your school foodservice colleagues on Twitter use the hashtags #FUTP60 and #SB47 (Super Bowl).