If you haven’t taken a look at SNA’s webinar schedule in a while, now is the time! Four new webinars are on the schedule—the first one is tomorrow, Wednesday, April 19—and registration is open! Let’s take a quick look at each. Note—all webinars are worth one CEU.
Achieving Success with Whole Grain Pasta: Wedesday, April 20
There is still time to register for TOMORROW’s webinar Achieving Success with Whole Grain Pasta. The presentation will include what you need to know about whole grains, double cooking, nutrition, and more. Are you still struggling with the whole grain pasta requirement? You will hear from the experts on utilizing the proper methods for selecting and handling whole grains, as well as tips on preparation using steamers, tilt skillets, and steam kettles. We will also cover the nutrition requirements related to whole grains. Our presenters on this webinar are:
- Linette Dodson (PhD, RD, LD, SNS), Director of School Nutrition, Carrollton City Schools (Eat Healthy, Eat Local at Carrollton City Schools Facebook)
- Anthony Terrell, Culinary Specialist, Shelby County Schools (Tennessee)
- Darcy Frawley, Barilla National Schools Manager
- Bruno Wheren, Barilla Consulting Chef
Best of #SNIC16 Series 3 of 3: Generation Z—The Next Generation: Wednesday, April 27
Get to know the next generation of students on our Wednesday, April 27 webinar! The final in a three-part series, Generation Z—The Next Generation will explore how this new generation communicates, and what they like to eat, so you can help them consume both the nutrition and the information they need to make healthy choices. Our presenters on this webinar are:
- David Grotto (MS, RDN, LDN), Senior Marketing Business Partner, Specialty Channels, Kellogg’s
- Paul Stippich, Senior Channel Manager, K-12 Schools and On-the-Go, Kellogg’s
Real World Ethics: Wednesday, May 11
Developed in partnership with Georgetown University, this education session will focus on leadership ethics. You will learn about the four universal ethical principles that exist in all countries and cultures and form the basis of social trust, and discover the model of “Principled Global Leadership” taught to students at Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business, among other lessons. Dr. Michael McDermott, Professor of the Practice in Management at the McDonough School will be presenting.
TRENDING: What Do Your Customers Want?: Wednesday, May 18
Learn more about what today’s students are looking for on their school lunch menus, and get an overview of participation trends in federal school meals programs. TRENDING: What Do Your Customers Want? will cover student and parent expectations, and how you can capitalize on trends like clean labeling and customized, made-to-order meals. Our presenters on this webinar are:
- Susan Coppess, Research Manager, School Nutrition Association
- Wesley Delbridge, RD, Food & Nutrition Director, Chandler Unified School District (Arizona)
- Mary Kate Harrison (PhD, RD), Student Nutrition Services General Manager, Hillsborough County Public Schools (Florida)
BONUS—New Topic Just Added! Registration coming soon!
Looking Ahead—Kick Off the School Year Right by Maximizing the Reach of Your School Meals Program is not yet open for registration, but we will let you know as soon as registration is available! This webinar is scheduled for Wednesday, May 25—save the date!