We know the beginning of the school year is busy, but now is the time to add just two more things to your “To Do” list—submit your applications for Fuel Up to Play 60 funds and GENYouth Foundation’s AdVenture Capital Grant. The deadlines are November 1, 2013 and October 22, 2013, respectively. These are two great opportunities to earn up to $4000 (per grant) for your school!
About Fuel Up to Play 60 Funds
Schools enrolled in FUTP60 are eligible to receive up to $4000 per year to help their school community get healthy through improving nutrition and physical activity. Fuel Up to Play 60 gives everyone the opportunity to get involved and get active—students, teachers, administrators, and families. The next deadline is November 1, 2013.
Fuel up to Play 60 funds can be used to expand and extend existing initiatives in your school, or to roll out a new program but you must be enrolled in Fuel Up to Play 60 to apply. Enroll online now!
About GENYouth Foundation’s AdVenture Capital Grant
GENYouth Foundation’s AdVenture Capital Grant was established to find and fund student-led wellness programs. All students enrolled in Fuel Up to Play 60 are eligible. To apply for AdVenture Capital you have to join Fuel Up to Play 60. (See below.) Winners earn grants for their schools of up to $4000 along with national recognition, and some awesome rewards. View the application process online.
GENYouth Foundation’s AdVenture Capital Grant can be used to implement changes that help the student body eat and make better physical activity choices; these changes are going to be submitted—in a “pitch”—in the online application. Apply online now!
Fuel Up to Play 60 Eligibility and Application Requirements
In order to apply for funds you must be enrolled in the Fuel Up to Play 60 program; if you are not, you can enroll online. In addition to being enrolled, you must:
- Have a Program Advisor (PA) signed up at your school. You can start the application before a Program Advisor is designated, but a PA must be signed up before the application is submitted.
- Participate in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Complete & submit an online Funds for Fuel Up to Play 60 application form (PDF) (NOTE: Due to high demand, California is not currently eligible to receive Fuel Up to Play 60 funds.)
- Complete the School Wellness Investigation (this must be complete before the application is submitted, but you can work on the application prior to the investigation)
- Secure the support and involvement of the school principal, school nutrition professional, lead physical education teacher, and the school’s FUTP60 Program Advisor
- If your school received Funds for Fuel Up to Play 60 in prior school years, all required reporting must have been submitted in order to be eligible for funding in the 2012-13 school year.
Application Deadline Information
Schools may submit an application during more than one funding cycle per school year. The total amount of money awarded for the 2013-14 school year can be up to $4,000.
Help & FAQs
To improve your chances of being awarded Funds for Fuel Up to Play 60, review this resource page to help you plan and apply for the grant. Assess the current situation and identify your students’ needs; ask yourself where the funds can help fill gaps and maximize impact.
Learn more about the purpose of the funds, application guidelines and tips, the judging process, and more by reviewing the FAQ-style “What Do We Need to Know about Funds for Fuel Up to Play 60” resource page.